Welcome to a new year of school and a new year of PTA!
My name is Susan Hsieh and I have the honor of serving as your PTA president for the 2023-2024 year. As I embark on my 2nd year term, I am looking forward to working with the rest of the PTA board, our wonderful parents, amazing teachers, invaluable staff, community partners and the Board of Education, to provide excellent experiences for our children.
I encourage each and every one of you to become a part of our team. The number one reason to join the PTA is to benefit our children. It takes a village to raise children! The PTA gives parents opportunities to be engaged in their children’s school life. Research shows that in schools where parents are involved, students have a greater chance for success which is evidenced by higher test scores, more consistent attendance, and an overall involvement in their school. Here are some more advantages:
- By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- By volunteering with your PTA, you gain valuable experiences and personal confidence. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use, for a good cause.
- By getting involved, you’ll be part of the solution, helping to make positive change.
- PTA functions provide opportunities to meet other parents and teachers.
- The PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, attend the PTA Association meetings throughout the year to make suggestions, and provide your input.
As parents and guardians, it is important we show our children that we value education through our active involvement in the schools. Attend the monthly PTA meeting, volunteer on a PTA committee, or participate in the many activities sponsored by the PTA.
I thank you for your support and look forward to working with you. I'm looking forward to a great year!
Weaver PTA President