Date: September 21st, 2022
The Weaver Jog-a-thon is the BIGGEST fundraiser of the year for the PTA and we need all hands on deck! Weaver PTA financially supports programs, professional development for teachers, events such as family nights, field trips, assemblies, classroom science projects, and the list goes on! Participation in Jog-a-Thon fundraising is completely optional.
How does it work? Every student, staff member, and volunteer will receive a FREE 2022 Jog-A-Thon shirt. This year, we will be doing a 100% Naturally Organic FOAM run for the very first time! We are excited to offer the kids this new experience because remember this is a FUN-RAISER before it’s a FUNDRAISER! Of course, there will be popsicles at the end! The t-shirts will be funded through the generous donations of our event sponsors. Even if you don’t raise funds, EVERYONE will participate on the day of the Jog-A-Thon. For more information on the Foam Company visit www.foamalicious.com or direct any questions to: email@example.com
How do we raise money? Students will raise money by seeking a simple donation, where family or friends pledge to pay a flat amount regardless of how many laps your student runs.
How do I get Pledges? It’s easy to ask friends and family in person or online! Register at https://pledgestar.com/weaver and follow the simple steps. It takes just minutes to set up your child’s fundraising page to request pledges online.
Prizes will be given out for requesting donations and raising money! YAY!
Jog-A-Thon Online Participation Prizes*:
- Enter 10 names and emails at pledgestar.com/weaver by September 15th, and get a custom Weaver sticker.
- ALL participating students will receive a FREE Jog-A-Thon T-shirt!
- The Grade level with the highest percentage of participation will get to have one extra recess! (Teacher decides the day)
- $25 raised earns you Weaver Mechanical Pencil!
- $50 raised earns you a ticket to the amazing magic show put on at Weaver. Parents and siblings are welcome. (Date TBD)
- $75 raised earns you a Weaver Sports Water Bottle.
- $150 raised earns you Weaver youth crew socks.
- $250 raised earns you a lunch pizza party with Dr. Schmidt.
- Top earner for each grade will earn Donuts and Juice before school with a special appearance from Dr. Schmidt. (Date TBD)
* Participation prizes are earned per family. If a family registers multiple students and sends 10 emails total, each student will get participation credit.
** Individual prize levels are based upon money earned per student, not per family.
** Prize levels are cumulative. For example, if you raise $125 you will earn the $125, $50, and $25 prizes.
School Wide Fundraising Goals
We love to recognize the individual fundraising success of our students and the goals of our school community! Below is a list of the highlights.
- If we reach $35,000, Dr. Schmidt will dress up in the kid’s choice of costume for the Halloween parade. He will have ideas and the kids get to choose.
- If we reach $55,000, Dr. Schmidt will sit in a dunk tank! Every student and staff member will get one free throw to try to dunk him.
- If we reach our $80,000 all students will have a chance to go thru the INFLATABLE OBSTACLE course with Dr. Schmidt during the school day. (Date TBD)
Become a Weaver Jogathon sponsor, limited quantities available. Platinum, Gold, and Silver sponsorships will be proudly printed on almost 800 Jog-A-Thon T-shirts and given to all students, parent volunteers, and staff to wear for years to come! Your logo or company name will be displayed on a campus banner for the whole school and community to see.
NEW FOR 2022! Well Wishes Banners will be displayed at Jog-A-Thon during the run. This banner is yours to take home after the run.
Sponsorship deadline is 9/6/22, online orders only.
Sponsorship form goes live on 8/17/22 at noon sharp.
Would you like to volunteer? We need volunteers! If you would like to volunteer the day of the Jog-A-Thon we could use your help with the setup, break down, leading the warm-up, directing the flow of students while running, and many other jobs. Please sign up here to volunteer.
WHO do I contact if I have questions? Please contact Jog-A-Thon committee chairs, Jessica DelaVara or Tricia Boylan, at Weaverjogathon@gmail.com.
Why are we raising money? Your support allows the PTA to continue to fund many of the great programs and events at our school. Did you know it takes about $200 per student per year to run our PTA and fund all the amazing extra programs and support activities at Weaver? With your help, every child will benefit. Some examples of the costs of PTA programs per student are below.
- Field Trips: $17 per student
- Winko’s copiers and supplies: $21 per student
- Take home minder binders & folders for all students: $4 per student
- Recess Equipment: $4 per student
- Art Program, Meet the Masters: $6 per student
- Class Act Music Program: $7 per student
- Assemblies & outside presenters: $4 per student
- Reading Incentive Program: $3 per student
- Ambassadors: $15 per student
- Teacher Appreciation & Hospitality: $5 per student
- And more… other amazing programs and events include Summer Jam, Media Center support, Reading Garden, Reflections Art contest, 5th Grade promotion, Outdoor Science School, First Day photos, Whale Mail, Red Ribbon Week, Classroom parties, Talent Show, Teacher Development, School-wide emergency supplies...
PTA would like to thank our generous Jog-A-Thon sponsors.
Click the logos to learn more about our sponsors.
Home Renew 360, Quality Home Improvement