Date: October 13th, 2021
The Jog-A-Thon is one of PTA's 3 main fundraisers this year (PTA Patron Donations, Weaver Carnival, and Jog-A-Thon).
The Jog-A-Thon is back and better than EVER! This is the BIGGEST fundraiser of the year for the PTA and we need all hands on deck to make it a success! Weaver PTA financially supports so many of the beloved programs and events on campus for our students, such as family nights, field trips, assemblies, art programing (including Reflections art program), Summer Jam, talent show, the redesign and refurbishments of the reading garden, Winkos supplies, professional developments for teachers, classroom science projects, and the list goes on! Participation in Jog-a-Thon fundraising is completely optional, but we sure hope you do what you can to raise the much-needed funds as we “unlock the Learning Adventure” for each and every one of our Weaver Whales!
How does it work? First and foremost, Jog-a-thon is a school-wide event that won’t just unlock the learning adventure, it will also unlock the fun. Every student, staff member, and volunteer will receive a FREE 2021 Jog-a-thon shirt. The course will be new and better this year, complete with obstacles, BUBBLES, and of course, popsicles at the end! The t-shirts will be funded through the generous donations of our event sponsor. Even if you don’t raise funds, EVERYONE will participate on the day of. Remember Jog-a-thon is a FUN-RAISER before it’s a FUNDRAISER!
How do we raise money? Students will raise money for Weaver by seeking pledges from family and friends. This way students will ask for the donation and there is no pressure at the event for them to run a certain number of laps or keep track. This maximizes the fun factor!
How do I get Pledges? It’s easy to ask friends and family in person or online! Register at https://pledgestar.com/weaver and follow the simple steps. It takes just minutes to set up your child’s fundraising page to request pledges online.
Prizes will be given out for requesting donations and raising money! YAY!
New this year! There will be a raffle drawing to win an outdoor movie night at Dr. Schmidt’s house for your immediate family complete with movie snacks and the movies of your choice (PG-13 or below)! How does it work? Every $25 raised by a family, will earn one raffle ticket. For example, if your family raises $250 you will receive 10 raffle tickets for a live drawing. This will occur at a future flag ceremony. This will truly be a night to remember!
Jog-A-Thon Online Participation Prizes*:
- Enter 10 names and emails at pledgestar.com/weaver by September 15th, and get a water bottle sticker.
- ALL participating students will receive a FREE Jog-A-Thon T-shirt!
- The Grade level with the highest percentage of participation will get to have one extra recess! (Teacher decides the day)
- $25 raised earns you Weaver Mechanical Pencil!
- $50 raised earns the above plus a free ticket to the amazing magic show put on at Weaver. Parents and siblings are welcome.
- $75 for a fun and funky spiral fidget toy.
- $150 raised earns a super cool Weaver trucker hat.
- $250 raised earns you pizza with Dr. Schmidt.
- Top earner for each grade will earn Donuts and Juice before school with a special appearance from Dr. Schmidt. (Date TBD)
- If we meet our first fundraising goal of $30,000, Dr. Schmidt will dress up in the kid’s choice for the Halloween parade. He will have ideas and the kids get to choose. He will have a google form and then he will make his reveal the day of the parade
- If we reach $45,000, Dr. Schmidt will host an in-person, on-campus bedtime story. Pj’s are encouraged and there will be cookies and drinks. He will then say goodnight and camp out OVERNIGHT! Dr. Schmidt will pitch a tent, don his jammies and sleeping caps, and keep a video log of his overnight escapades for all to see during his next morning message.
- If we reach our $70,000 goal Dr. Schmidt will sit in a dunk tank all day!!!! Every student and staff member will get one free throw to try to dunk him. BONUS! Parents will be invited to dunk Dr. Schmidt too for a donation of $10 per throw. This is the biggest and best goal yet!
* Participation prizes are earned per family. If a family registers multiple students and sends 3-10 emails total, each student will get participation credit.
** Individual prize levels are based on money earned per student, not per family.
** Prize levels are cumulative. For example, if you raise at least $125 you will earn the $75, $50, and $25 prizes.
We need volunteers!! If you would like to volunteer the day of the Jog-A-Thon by being an emcee, leading the warm-up, cheering on the kids, passing out waters, cooling off the kids with water toys, or with set-up or take-down, please contact Beth Stuart.
Why are we raising money? Your support allows the PTA to continue to fund many of the great programs and events at our school. Did you know it takes about $200 per student per year to run our PTA and fund all the amazing extra programs and support activities at Weaver? With your help, every child will benefit. Some examples of the costs of PTA programs per student are below.
- Field Trips: $17 per student
- Winko’s copiers and supplies: $21 per student
- Take home minder binders & folders for all students: $4 per student
- Recess Equipment: $4 per student
- Art Program, Meet the Masters: $6 per student
- Class Act Music Program: $7 per student
- Assemblies & outside presenters: $4 per student
- Reading Incentive Program: $3 per student
- Ambassadors: $15 per student
- Teacher Appreciation & Hospitality: $5 per student
- And more… other amazing programs and events include Summer Jam, Media Center support, Reading Garden, Reflections Art contest, 5th Grade promotion, Outdoor Science School, First Day photos, Whale Mail, Red Ribbon Week, Classroom parties, Talent Show, Teacher Development, School-wide emergency supplies...
- Thursday, October 28
- Friday, October 29
- Wednesday, November 3
- Tuesday, November 9
- Wednesday, November 10
- Thursday, November 11
- Friday, November 12
- Wednesday, November 17
PTA would like to thank our generous Jog-A-Thon sponsors.
Click the logos to learn more about our sponsors.
Original Parts Group Inc
Connie Wong DPM
Columbia Pediatrics Medical Group
Ramirez and Company