“I’ve learned to stand up and speak up when I see another student bullying or saying inappropriate things about another student. I let them know the behavior is wrong and how it makes other students feel. I would recommend this program to others because by working together in our community, we can make a difference in the world.”
– Mikaela M.
The O.R.C.A. (Ownership, Respect, Commitment, and Attitude) Ambassadors Leadership Club was founded during the 2004-2005 school year. Previous to this, a very small number of students were provided leadership opportunities as they were selected through an election process. In an effort to provide a more inclusive leadership program that welcomed more students, the club was created and the name was later changed to the Ambassador Program.
Any incoming fifth grader for the 2020-2021 school year is welcome to apply to become an Ambassador. The application will be online and the link will be available here from May 28th until June 11th, 2021.
The application period will close at 3:00 pm on Friday, June 11th, 2021.
The mission of the Ambassador Program is to provide an inclusive and safe environment that offers students leadership skills, opportunities, and experiences that empower them to be life-long leaders.
- Develop an understanding of the importance of effective human relations, valuing diversity, and practicing inclusion.
- Attend and participate in sessions to build their skills, knowledge, and resources in the areas of Leadership, Communication, Team Building, and Community Service.
- Apply their training to real world experiences that have a direct effect on both our school community and the community at large.
Ambassador Leadership Team:
- Dr. Schmidt, Weaver Principal
- Mrs. Dubois, 5th Grade Teacher & Faculty Advisor
- Miss Masumiya, 4th Grade Teacher & Faculty Advisor
- Mrs. Schmitz, TK Teacher & Faculty Advisor
- Mrs. Gamboa-Levy, Program Coordinator
- Mrs. El-Zein, Program Assistant
- Emma Bandach, Program Assistant
- Ty Wilson, Program Assistant
For more information about the Ambassador Program or if you would like to volunteer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday, October 28
- Friday, October 29
- Wednesday, November 3
- Tuesday, November 9
- Wednesday, November 10
- Thursday, November 11
- Friday, November 12
- Wednesday, November 17